Friday 14 June 2013

Do You Have It In Your Heart?



We live in a world where so many things are fighting for a place in our heart. A World where we face the battle of what we should allow goes into our heart and what not to allow.

So, what do you have in your heart, the word or the world? The Psalmist cried out what was in his heart in Psalm 119:11;

“Your word have I hid in my heart, that I may not sin against thee”.

Whatever a man keeps or treasure in his heart will eventually be a reality in his life. How David could had stored up the word of God in his heart? Because he had given himself to the studying it.

David knew that he can’t have the word in his spirit and still live as the world and that is why he said “….that I may not sin against thee”.

Young men, study! I mean study the word. It is quite unfortunate that we have given ourselves to so many things than we give to our personal study of the word.  The word you don’t sit down to study today will not be there to deliver you in the period of adversity.

Some think by giving themselves to the studying of the word, they will always sound too spiritual. But let me say this, that the knowledge of the scriptures gives you a better understanding of things in all other aspect of lives.

One of my favorite portions of the scriptures is the words of Paul in;
Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace which is able to build you….” - Acts 20:32;

This word of Paul in the above text has been my motivation in studying the word. I have come to found out that for any youths to lay hold and become all that God purposed for him to become, the  word of God must not be lacking in his/her life.

No wonder Paul said;

Let the word of Christ dwell in you RICHLY as you teach and admonish one another with ALL WISDOM. – Col. 3:16.

Wisdom is the principal thing. You and I need true wisdom to fulfill our callings and destiny and this wisdom can only be found when the word of God dwells in us richly.
Let no man deceive you young men, the word of God builds up. It does not just build you up in the spirit, it also build you up in every other areas of life, giving you insights and understanding of things and equipping you for your divine purpose. So, labour in the word.

That’s why Jesus said;

“Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God”. – Matt. 4:4.

I challenge you, your men! Be a word-lover. Look at things you have given yourself to in the last five months aside the study of the word and sincerely list out their positive impact on your live today. I am sure there will be nothing tangible to write.

You have not really grown up as you always want to be because you are yet to give yourself to the study of the word of his grace which is able to build you up.

Study the word! Looking at my life and who I use to be in the last 4-5years now, I can boldly say how the word has helped me grow and I’m still very much growing.

Hear this; God will only entrust things in your hand by the proportion of His word indwelling in you. So study the word. The word is really lacking in so many believers today and even among the church workers. If you would give yourself to it from today, things will be becoming clearer to you as you move on in life and you will reap the benefit of the word.

Build your spirit man today by STUDYING THE WORD OF HIS GRACE WHICH IS ABLE TO BUILD YOU UP.



Remain Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment